About this getaway
The first of the Western Cape’s authentic, free-roaming Big Five reserves, Sanbona Wildlife Reserve is a prized Little Karoo sanctuary for wildlife and fynbos. White lions are one of several rare species at home there, whilst the reserve is also a habitat for many water birds. Game drives, cruises, rock art viewing and stargazing are highlights of the experience, along with superb accommodation at Tilney Manor, Dwyka Tented Lodge, Gondwana Family Lodge and Explorer Camp.
Children: All ages at Gondwana Family Lodge.
TGCSA Grading: Five-Star
- 12 Rooms: Gondwana Family Lodge
- 3 Tents: Explorer Camp
- 6 Rooms: Tilney Manor
- 9 Tents: Dwyka Tented Camp
- Babysitting on Request
- Beverage-Making Facilities In-Room
- Conference Facilities
- Curio shop
- DSTV in Public Areas
- Fireplaces in-room at Tilney Manor
- Internet Access - Limited
- Private Plunge Pools at Dwyka Tented Camp
- Sole-Use Facilities
- Spa Relaxations Retreats
- Swimming Pools at Tilney Manor & Gondwana
Things to do
The Boardroom at Tilney Manor can accommodate small conference groups of up to 12 people, boardroom- or cinema-style.
Data / video projector, flip charts, screen and stationery are available, as are wi-fi areas.