There’s no place on earth like Addo Elephant National Park for seeing elephants at whisper-close range. The prospect of a safari in Addo is exciting, with 600-plus elephants in the park, as well as black rhino, Cape buffalo, lion, hyena and many more. A bonus is that the area is without risk of malaria, making it safe for families travelling with children.
FAST FACTS: ADDO ELEPHANT NATIONAL PARK
- 40 km from Port Elizabeth.
- A South African national park.
- More than 600 elephants.
- Big Five.
- More than 120 000 visitors per year.
- Biodiversity zone.
- Also features marine life such as dolphins and penguins, whales and sharks.
- Excellent range of luxury accommodation in the park and nearby.
TOP CHOICE WITHIN ADDO ELEPHANT PARK
RECOMMENDED SAFARI LODGES IN ADDO AREA
RECOMMENDED COUNTRY HOUSE IN ADDO AREA
RECOMMENDED MOUNTAIN RETREAT IN ADDO AREA
If you are in any doubt about which lodge will suit you best, please ask us.