The magical Magaliesberg is a verdant stretch of countryside that runs the length of the ancient Magaliesberg mountains, and offers a fabulous retreat for soul-weary city folk from Gauteng. Exclusive Getaways suggests what to do in Magaliesberg and lists some luxury boutique hotels that will not disappoint.
THINGS TO DO IN MAGALIESBERG:
- Hot air ballooning is a great adventure and a wonderful way of enjoying Magaliesberg’s fantastic scenery. See more.
- A Magaliesberg canopy tour is a wonderful eco-activity which gives you stunning views as you glide down the Ysterhout Kloof.
- Fly fishing on the Magalies River.
- Visits to animal sanctuaries.
- Mountain biking.
- Horse riding.
- Cave exploration.
- Visit Kromdraai Gold Mine.
- Game drives on Plumari Reserve.
- Vist the Maropeng Visitor Centre and see fossils, learn about the origins of humankind, view stone tools up to 1-million years old, take an underground boat ride, and more.
- Herb enthusiasts will be in their element in the beautiful gardens of the Margaret Roberts Herbal Centre. There’s also a nursery, coffee stop and crystal shop there.
LUXURY STAYS IN MAGALIESBERG
A few days in the Magaliesberg makes a fantastic prelude to a safari in the North-West.
Mail us for more information, or call +27 21 797-7122.