The Timbavati Game Reserve is one of South Africa’s pristine wilderness areas and an excellent location for a private wildlife safari. The Timbavati sits on the western fringe of the Kruger National Park, and spans 53 000 hectares on which many varieties of wildlife roam free. Almost unique to the Timbavati is the rare white lion. This unusual beast lends a great specialness to the Timbavati – Timbavati meaning ‘place where something sacred came down to earth’.
WHY GO TO TIMBAVATI GAME RESERVE?
- Big 5 game reserve and prime wildlife viewing area.
- Unfenced and on border of Kruger National Park.
- 40 mammal species.
- More than 360 kinds of birds.
- Almost 100 species of reptile.
- Rare white lions.
- Wild dogs.
- Excellent choice of private safari lodges.
- Self-drive or fly in. Half an hour drive from Eastgate Airport.
The Timbavati Game Reserve is a 5 -6 hour drive from Johannesburg, and is well worth visiting for a rewarding safari adventure.
LUXURY SAFARI LODGES IN TIMBAVATI GAME RESERVE
Mail us to book, or call +27 21 797-7122.